Monday, October 3, 2016

Vishpala's photography experience

I use Nikon D810 FX camera and variety of lenses ranging from ultra wide angle fisheye to super telephoto 800 mm lens. 

I always wanted to join photography school and learn it but full time/ part time/weekend learning or any other options were not feasible given I extensively used to travel for work. So I learned on my own. Watched YouTube videos, Tray Ratcliff has been one of my inspirations for his HDR technique. So I bought his video series on photography. Also bought National Geographic course - basic and advanced that comes with book and many video tutorials. And I still keep learning from various resources to hone/ enrich my skills. So in short, I am self taught. 

Looking at good photographs is also one of the most important aspects of being good photographer. Look everywhere on social media but Instagram is photography special. My current most fav photographer is Chris Burkard. 

One of my colleague in ThoughtWorks and I used to give photography lessons in British Library Pune in 2010/ 2011.  Then he moved out of Pune and I came here so we stopped. 

No comments:

Post a Comment